The Role - Asset Manager
for Renewable Energy utility scale generation. Closing date 31st December
This role is based in the Exeter office for Low Carbon Limited, a leading investment and asset management firm focussed on renewable energy.
- Find out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- Agree timescales, costs and resources needed;
- Draw up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- Select and lead a project team;
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- Ensure that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- Report regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
- Co-ordinate the activities of renewable energy sites
- Determine staffing, material and other needs;
- Co-ordinate and supervise site activities and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations;
- Ensure that all work is performed efficiently and in compliance with statutory and other regulations;
- Arrange for the provision of gas, water and electricity supplies (where appropriate);
- Ensure compliance with issues relating to the environmental impact of operations.
Prospective candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering or commercial discipline and be able to provide evidence of being / having:
- An experienced professional with at least 5 years of experience and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing commercial agreements in the electricity industry and experience of setting and managing budgets.
- A good knowledge of the UK electricity market, including contacts with market players, experience of subsidy mechanisms and the relevant administrative processes, and clear understanding of the regulatory principles of the UK market.
· A self-starter
with a passion for the renewable energy industry, desire for success and the willingness to challenge the status quo in order to maximise assets’ ROI safely following best practise guidelines.
· Strong interpersonal skills
, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups. Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholder groups including OEMs, contractors and clients.
, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service
· The ability to work with minimum supervision
when interfacing with stakeholders but who is also able to work with all members of the Low Carbon and external client teams as and when necessary to implement initiatives to maximise revenues and optimise performance.
· Robust and resilient character
with the ability to operate optimally within a fast-paced, private equity-backed environment.
This a full time role based in the Exeter office.
Basic salary in the range £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
Closing date for applications 31st December 2018.
All applications through Igloo3, Low Carbon's recruitment advisor.