Qualified Accountant – renewable energy investment firm, Home based, flexible working UK. c.£30,000 - £40,000 per annum.
We’re looking for a qualified accountant who is able to start work very quickly (before Christmas) and is looking for good quality work with a work life balance, potentially with variable hours to fit their life style.
You must be fully qualified and experienced with preparing and submitting annual tax and quarterly VAT returns for UK registered entities.
The company is an investment firm with interest in the renewable energy sector - they develop, own and operate a portfolio of renewable energy assets in the UK, Italy, Portugal and North America.
They’re a newish firm but very well-funded and led by highly experienced experts with a great track record in the sector.
Although there will be regular trips to London (one day per week, or bi weekly) , the majority of the work can be conducted remotely and in your own time.
The scope of the role is broad covering financial forecasting, management accounting plus VAT and tax returns for portfolio companies (SPVs).
You’ll work closely with the Company’s directors managing the financial affairs of the company’s investments - they will give you the autonomy to deliver the work in your own time.
You’ll take responsibility for the management accounting and monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for a significant portfolio of renewable energy SPVs, plus appropriate VAT and HMRC tax returns.
- Preparation of management reporting for a portfolio of companies
- Financial forecasting and budgeting
- Submit VAT returns
- Produce annual financials and submit to HMRC
- Produce tax report for HMRC
- Strong academic background with a recognised accountancy qualification ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- At least 1-2 years Post qualification experience of management accounting and reporting within a
demanding, professional environment
- Ideally within industry and also accountancy practice.
- Experience of accountant proactive for UK entities
- Experience of remote working will be helpful
- Strong communication skills – fluent English. In addition, Italian will be great.
- Right to work in the UK (without VISA sponsorship)
- Able to travel to attend the office in London one day per week (or bi-weekly)
Base salary in the range £30,000 - £40,000 plus flexible working arrangements, business expenses for travel to office, possibility to contract as self employed if preferred.