Financial Analyst, renewable energy projects, Exeter, South West England, UK. C. £20,000 - £24,000 per annum + benefits
This is a great opportunity for high calibre graduates to join a market leading, financial advisory business focussed on renewable energy technologies.
The role will suit highly analytical graduates from renewable energy or accountancy & finance Bachelors or Masters courses.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects across renewables including, Solar PV, Onshore and Offshore Wind, Bioenergy, Energy Storage & Trading, Reserve Power and Electric Vehicles in UK and overseas markets.
The client provides specialist financial advisory services to developers and investors in renewable energy and infrastructure projects and their expertise includes:
- Disposal and acquisition of infrastructure assets;
- Financing raising for project development and construction;
- Financial modelling and valuations;
The role is highly varied including supporting senior team members with client mandates developing in-house financial project models, undertaking valuation assignments; researching emerging markets, technologies and policy developments.
You’ll also assist with producing key client deliverables and pitch materials, conducting the underlying analysis to inform these documents;
The role is based in the company’s Exeter office and will require travel to client sites.
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in renewable energy (technology or policy) or accountancy and finance.
- A positive, driven attitude with a desire to improve and the ability to learn on the job;
- A clear appetite to pursue a long-term career within Renewable Energy or Financial Services
- Robust analytical skills and the ability to proactively overcome qualitative and quantitative challenges confidently;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work well with others in a team environment;
Demonstrable experience of developing and analysing financial/excel models;
- Experience of producing high quality documents using the full suite of Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge of global energy markets and/or corporate finance would be advantageous.
- Training and support can be provided for successful candidates who wish to participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
The company operate an attractive rewards package including, career development, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. Base salary is circa £20,000 - £24,000