Commercial Manager – PPAs solar asset management London. UK. Salary to £45,000 plus discretionary bonus, very good career development prospects.
This is a key role with broad commercial responsibilities and a focus on revenue accruals and PPA management.
A financial or commercial background in the energy sector is essential, with experience of the energy/renewables industry advantageous.
The firm is very successful and growing asset management business, they manage a fleet of utility scale solar energy power plants for asset owners across the UK and in international markets.
The work environment is international, fast paced, hard-working and the company offers excellent opportunities for personal development - the office is in the heart of the West End.
- Managing monthly revenue accruals for a range of generating stations, including ROC, FIT and CIC assets and working with the Technical and Finance teams.
- Managing a range of PPAs with various structures and working with off-takers to optimise revenue.
- Managing monthly generation/import data submissions to OFGEM.
- Operational contract management including: initial tendering, proposal analysis, making recommendations, contract award and contract management.
- Supporting the company’s in-house ‘on-boarding’ process for new sites with a specific focus on understanding inherited PPAs and potentially placing assets with new off-takers.
- Supporting the company’s in-house Final Acceptance Certification (FAC) process
You are a confident, high calibre operator, comfortable in a fast paced, high intensity environment and able to communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders at all levels of business.
A track record in producing monthly revenue accruals is essential and experience in renewable energy, Renewables Obligation Certificates (ROC), Feed in Tariff (FIT) and Community Investment Companies (CICs) assets would be advantageous.
Experience of managing Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) including renewing/terminating off- take agreements is essential.
You will have knowledge of the UK power market and will be comfortable speaking to off-takers. Energy trading experience would be valuable.
An understanding of energy generation data and import power data would be beneficial.
- Minimum 3-5+ years in a similar level role
- Educated to degree level with a finance/business/commercial background
- Experience of the UK power market, PPAs and revenue accruals
- Systematic, highly organized work style
- Hardworking and flexible approach to work (it’s not a 9-5 culture)
- Advanced standard MS Office suite, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational, change management and business processes skills
- Right to work in the UK
This role is offered on a fully employed basis, with a competitive base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) in the range to £45,000 per annum.