VP Business Development large scale battery storage – package £80,000 - £100,000 p.a
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the business development process for large scale behind the meter battery storage projects plus some grid connected systems including rapid charging EV infrastructure.
The company develop, own and operate battery storage projects and are backed a large infrastructure investment fund.
There’s already a pipeline of very interesting large-scale projects, they now need to hire two experienced VPs to take the deals through the development cycle and into fruition.
The company is agile, small and growing and is run by experienced directors with an outstanding pedigree in the financing and development of infrastructure projects.
The firm already operates a significant portfolio of grid connected battery storage projects and is targeting large scale behind the meter battery projects for industrial users and EV infrastructure applications.
You’re an experienced energy sector professional with a broad skill set including very strong commercial and sales skills coupled with a technical affinity and a tenacious mentality.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with quick decision making but equally you’re comfortable with gradually evolving systems and support structures (early stage company).
Ideally you’ve worked on multiple high value, complex, grid connected projects and private wire / behind the meter projects.
We’re looking for a high level of knowledge of battery storage projects specifically and an informed perspective on opportunities in the sector generally.
- Significant UK energy sector experience managing high value complex deals with multiple stakeholders.
- Professional experience as a business developer, project developer or project manager.
- Highly motivated, self starter.
- Behind the meter, grid connected energy project development or EV infrastructure expertise.
- Broad knowledge of the UK energy market landscape including government tariffs and planning regimes and PPAs.
- Highly intelligent and articulate – Bachelors / Masters level education.
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel to visit prospect clients / sites through the UK.
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience c. £80,000 - £100,000 package including base salary and bonus.