Solar Asset Manager(s) – technical & commercial, Sydney. NSW, Australia. Competitive package, negotiable based on experience and expertise.
We’re looking to hire technical and commercial asset managers to lead on asset management services in Australia.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role helping a leading UK solar asset management firm establish their service offering in Australia.
The firm currently manages a substantial international portfolio (500MW+) of solar projects and is closing an additional agreement to manage a significant Australian based portfolio.
We are looking for two individuals initially, or possibly one person with an extraordinary range of technical and commercial skills.
The client provides full wrap asset management services to asset owners, involving the technical and commercial optimisation of large-scale solar PV projects. They are establishing a dedicated operation centre in Sydney to support Australian projects.
We’re interested in applications from hardworking ambitious, engineers and commercial professionals with solid exposure to large-scale solar PV projects in Australia, or from the United Kingdom.
You’ll have the full backing of a highly experienced international team in the UK, but initially you’ll be a key part of the small local team so the ability to work independently is important.
There will be plenty of opportunity to develop, accept more responsibility to hire additional team members and potentially even to manage the centre and the staff that work there.
You’ll very likely be required to visit the UK for initial induction and training.
You’re a highly competent solar PV professional (engineer or commercial) with solid operational experience gained in a solar asset management, project development, EPC, monitoring or O&M type environment.
You have a very comprehensive knowledge of utility scale solar PV projects.
If you’ve previously worked in the UK solar market, and you’re an Australian citizen wanting to return home, this could be a perfect opportunity.
Otherwise some assistance may be available for foreign nationals requiring Australian work permits.
- Absolute minimum 3+ years of operational large-scale solar PV experience
- High quality education, Bachelors or Masters level in Engineering or Business related
- IT Skills – MS Office; Excel, CRM
- Excellent communication skills
- Available to live and work in Sydney, NSW and travel to sites and sometimes to UK HQ.
- Superb English language skills
- Australian citizen, or existing permit to work in Australia
- Understanding of asset management processes
- Commercial understanding of financial frameworks for solar, PPAs, incentives etc.
- Previous experience working in the Australian, UK or European solar sector.
A competitive salary package is on offer for the right candidate. These are full time, employed positions